I am tiling my shower, and (unfortunately I think) the hardy backer board is not flush with the regular sheetrock surrounding the tub. The board is 1/2" thick.

So, I need edge tile which wraps around the corner at a 90deg angle and down for 1/2". What is the term for this type of tile?

It is not bull-nose tile obviously; I just don't know the term to be able to search or ask.


There are quarter round tiles

quarter round tiles

and sink rail tiles

sink rail tile

There is also a mud cap (also called radius cap)

mud cap tile

One of these may work. You can search for corner tile to find other examples.

 Images and links are illustrative only, not an endorsement of goods or sources
| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    I've also seen the term v-cap used. – Comintern Oct 1 '16 at 16:15
  • 1
    If aesthetics permit, don't forget metal strips that can finish your corners. Google "schluter strip" to see what I mean. (Other manufacturers make the stuff... it's just that Schluter is big where I am.) – Aloysius Defenestrate Oct 1 '16 at 19:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.