A tag is a keyword or label that categorizes your question with other, similar questions. Using the right tags makes it easier for others to find and answer your question.

Type to find tags:
× 307
For questions relating to the removal of dirt, debris and other unwanted foreign material from various surfaces and porous materials, including methods, tools and supplies, and expected results.
× 303
For questions generally relating to safety devices used to automatically stop the flow of electric current in the event of a fault condition.
× 300 × 289
A contact device installed at the outlet for the connection of an attachment plug.
× 288
For questions generally relating to outdoor, semi-elevated, non-enclosed structures such as decks, gazebos, pergolas, etc.
× 281
For questions specifically relating to plumbing fixtures that provide an endpoint for a home's water supply system. Topics include fixture design and specialization, installation, maintenance, repair …
× 278
For questions relating to compliance with laws and ordinances of federal, state/province and local jurisdictions. Questions should also be tagged with the specific area of construction involved.
× 275
Ground fault circuit interrupter, also referred to GFCI, GFI, or a residual-current device. This devices detects a leak in current, or an imbalance between the current on the hot and neutral wires. …
× 273 × 272
For questions generally relating to the area of the home in which cars and other motor vehicles are kept.
× 270
For questions generally relating to hollowed out materials used to convey a liquid, gas, or other fluid substance.
× 268
mounted to a ceiling, visible within the room, and circulate air within that room. Vent/exhaust fans should use [tag:vent] and friends instead.
× 241
For questions generally relating to preventing or avoiding injury in the home or on the job site.
× 234
the space immediately below a house's roof.
× 232
For questions generally relating to the exhaust ventilation of air from inside the home, and/or methods to promote proper airflow thorough various spaces in a structure.
× 227
For questions relating to powered consumer products that perform some value-added task within a home, including but not limited to hot water heaters, stoves/ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, etc. For…
× 227 × 225
water receptacle and splash basin between a faucet and a drain
× 222
Questions pertaining to clothes dryers
× 220
× 218 × 214 × 214 × 213
For questions generally relating to the proper insertion of a particular device or feature into a home, building or other structure. As this topic is very broad in general, when using this tag please …
× 206
A tool used for creating holes in surfaces, such as for mounting objects on walls.
× 205
Questions about residential mechanical refrigerators, usually used for food storage. Built-in ice-makers and water-dispensers are on topic here, although [tag: ice-maker] should be used in conjunctio…
× 202
Grounding, also earthing, refers to the practice of providing a direct conductive path to the physical ground for an electric short to a chassis. Tag questions involving the installation or retrofitti…
× 202
× 201 × 198
For questions generally relating to the supply and use of gaseous methane or propane fuels within or around a home.
× 195 × 195
For questions about clothes washing machines (also referred to as clothes washer or laundry machine).
× 190
For questions generally relating to devices or implements in which fuel is burned in a controlled manner for aesthetic reasons in addition to heat production.
× 187
For questions generally relating to exterior spaces of property, including yard maintenance, pest and weed control, exterior home maintenance, etc. Questions which deal mainly with gardening and aesth…
× 185
Attaching something to a wall. If you're using this tag, your question is probably a duplicate.
× 181
For questions generally relating to the artificial stone-like building material typically called "brick", and also related materials like "cinder block" and natural stone blocks.