Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


Cardboard, and tape. Probably the cheapest option, as you can probably acquire the cardboard for free.


I had never seen these before, but I was finally able to track down some information and replace them. My windows bear a "Viking" name, but I didn't find anyone selling parts under that name. However, the useful term for these are "channel balance" or "block and tackle balance" windows. With that term, it's possible to find replacement parts and even some ...


If the window is flange mounted you have to be careful how much you trim. You need enough flange to secure the window. Most vinyl windows I have installed have a "C" shaped profile on the outside edges. If the window is secured by screws through the sides of the frame you can trim the edges. Depending on the amount to be trimmed I have used a utility knife ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible