Tag Info

New answers tagged


Perhaps you can run a line of sealant from the wall to the edge of the bath, creating a route for the water to take into the bath. Sealant is easily removed, so this wouldn't count as a structural modification in my eyes. This should do the job, provided your bath is flush with the ledge. Here's a little diagram in keeping with your own:


We ran into this with our Kitchen requiring two GFCI Circuits, we were using GFCI Breakers vs Outlets. The Neutral needs to be dedicated to the GFcI device so it can detect the fault. We ended up running two 12/2 circuits instead of the 12/3.


As long as the circuits are 120V you can run a 3-waire cable. The only caveat is that you would then need to use a two-pole GFI breaker to protect the circuits. With two 2-wire circuits and single-pole GFI breaker (or devices) you can isolate the circuit for troubleshooting and maintenance.


They probably plumbed it with a solid PVC piping connection. I installed a free standing tub but the connection to the tub was too rigid. My solution was to use a Flexible PVC pipe. The instructions for the tub were not great, however a Google search found products made for this application. These products started around $65.00 up to $285.00 . I made mine ...


If you get warm water out of the spout and cold water out of the shower head, then I sounds like you've isolated the potential problem to the diverter (only other thing that comes to mind is some kind of water pressure based issue, but I can't think of where that would happen on the hot water side only since you have separate hot/cold knobs). Since this is ...

Top 50 recent answers are included