Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


Imagine a 2-phase sub-panel: 2 bus bars down the middle, 2 lugs at the top to connecting the incoming power from the main panel. (No main breaker here because this is a sub-panel; the disconnect breaker for this type of panel lives in the upstream panel.) Now imagine a sub-panel that contains 2 completely independent sets of bus bars. This is a split bus ...


Looks like an L corner bracket/brace. Probably worth upgrading to a metal one if it would fit: Amazon product link


Rigid means something that will hold its shape on its own. Wood (except veneer), drywall, backer-board are all rigid. A piece of thin paneling made from plastic/fiberglass would not probably count. However, the definition is somewhat subjective. In the context of Green Glue, I presume they want to ensure no movement between the layers.


I am not certain what you mean by a "technical term" for it. I would call it a corner hutch or a corner display hutch or maybe a corner bookcase. Why corner? Because it is shaped to fit in a corner. Why hutch? A hutch is sometimes something that sits on top of a bureau, table, desk, or other piece of flat-topped furniture. However, hutches can also be a ...


Trim is a general term, often used to describe all types of molding and millwork. Casing is a type of molding, typically used to trim the perimeter of windows and doors. Casing is typically less wide (tall?), but thicker than base molding. 11/16" x 2 1/4" Base molding (or baseboard) is a type of molding, which is applied where the wall and floor meet. ...


Don't know about ducts specifically, but that shaped joint is usually called a cross in other problem domains. http://xmzxl.en.alibaba.com/product/299354123-210434489/Cross_joint.html


16" refers to the length of the slide when closed, which will usually also be the depth of the drawer you're installing them on. Your cabinet (or whatever you're installing in) would need to be at least 16" deep, plus the thickness of any false front you may have on the drawer if you want to make them flush. It's also a nominal length--I just bought these ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible