Tag Info

New answers tagged


It's best if you can figure out where the water is coming from and try to stop it. A lot of times you can solve these sorts of problems easily and cheaply from the outside. Check the gutters and downspouts to make sure they are clear and divert the water at least 6' from the building. Make sure the ground is properly sloped around the outside. If there are ...


The proper solution would be drainage tiles around the foundation of the exterior walls and proper grading, this way the water would never enter the space in the first place. However, digging up the exterior of the house often isn't a viable option, so the next best thing would be an interior French drain that drains into a sump pit, along with a sump pump ...


Keep it simple, buy a wet/dry shop vac and suck up the water with it occasionally. Cost you about $60.


First off, your friend should definitely talk to his landlord about the flooding. Even if the landlord won't address it, it's possible your friend could be held liable for water damage from the flooding if he doesn't notify the landlord. There are two big differences between the pump you need here and a normal sump pump. The first is that it won't be run ...

Top 50 recent answers are included