Tag Info

New answers tagged

1

An opening under the building code would typically be a door or a window. If you have a gas leak, the dryer vent nearby doesn't significantly increase the hazard of the gas leak, because the hazard of a gas leak is massive. On the other hand, blowing hot moist air on a piece of equipment is more likely to create maintenance issues and routing a new ...


5

No it is not safe. The plastic bag will most likely make it worse. I have seen just an open pile of rags (not bagged) smoldering in a jobsite waste can at the end of a work day. I removed them and set the pile in the yard just to be safe, it was a pile of ashes in the morning.


1

You are solving the wrong problem. 95% of house breakers go for unsecured jewelry and cash in the bedroom and do not do anything that would keep them in the house for longer than 5-10 minutes. The remaining 4.99% of robbers are "movers" that will back up a truck to your house and put everything in the truck that they find, including any safes. The remaining ...


4

Yes, safes without mechanical key override do exist. Talk to a real safe dealer, not your local big-box store. These will generally also be much stronger against physical attack. They will cost more, and weigh more, than the cheap toys ... and of course if you ever lose the combination you'll need an expert safe man's assistance to recover access to the ...


-1

um, seems pretty obvious to me. Buy the one you like that has an over-ride key and then destroy the key?


3

Safes need to have a physical, non electronic, way of opening them. That key is used to open the safe when the fingerprint reader dies, or the batteries run out, or the other electronics malfunction. The electronics can only be repaired from the inside of the door. If you really want you could destroy the key, and fill the keyhole with epoxy. Or just ...


1

Since your audio interface is powered by a double insulated supply, yes, it is safe to use -- double insulated supplies rely on a thick insulation barrier to protect against shock. The 'pop' you heard was caused by a DC bias being present on the output of the amplifier on startup, and does not represent a safety hazard, except perhaps to your speakers.


2

I don't know this device specifically, but it is possible for it to be designed to be "ungrounded". There are several reasons for this. One is that if it's using an external power supply. Audio circuits can be designed with an audio ground and a power ground. If they are connected together and then grounded through the wall socket, you usually get a ...



Top 50 recent answers are included