Tag Info

New answers tagged


Sometimes you're using a sharp blade and it still cuts poorly. You might be ripping with a crosscutting blade or crosscutting with a ripping blade. Just like you do with your fish hooks, run the back of a finger nail over the saw teeth: if it scrapes, the teeth are sharp; if it slips over your nail without scraping, it's not sharp.


Any circular saw will cut aluminum, copper, or any other non-ferrous metal easily with a sharp carbide-tipped blade. Keeping the cuts straight, square, millimeter accurate and not damaging thinwall parts will require some guides. My preference would be a radial arm saw, the length is easily handled with a clamp on the fence. If you don't have one, buy or ...

Top 50 recent answers are included