Tag Info

New answers tagged


Since you are renting you likely are limited in how extensive you modifications can be. I would first contact whoever is responsible for the buildings maintenance. It is possible the door just needs some maintenance. Lubrication of the chain and rollers along with the adjustment of the up and down stop points. You can ask if you can install thick carpet ...


Since your limited to the type of construction you can perform on the walls; it would be best to consider a portable (or easily knocked-down) sound-lessening partition wall. My only thought is an 4' x 8' x 2 inch foam insulation board hinged to a second piece(for easy set-up). Setting up several of these against the existing walls should lower sound ...

Top 50 recent answers are included