Tag Info

New answers tagged


There's actually no need to level the subfloor to install a hardwood or laminate floor. The subfloor needs to be flat, not level. Now, leveling out the floor may have other benefits, of course. But, strictly speaking, it isn't necessary for the type of flooring you want to install.


Self-levelling underlayment (or floor leveling compound) - basically runny, usually gypsum - based cement product. Read the label before buying - get one that can manage the depth you need, or figure out how many layers you'll need to pour it in - some can be poured full-depth, others may need to be 1/2 inch or 1 cm at a time. One example (image from US ...

Top 50 recent answers are included