Hot answers tagged


Generally, interior drywall is easier to repair than exterior wall treatments. You haven't stated what your wall is made of, in my area the norm is stucco over lath and paper; much more difficult to repair properly. I recommend an initial exploratory opening of the interior wall to assess damage and prospects for access and repair that way.


Continuous fan operation equalizes temperature and humidity between different areas of the home, and particularly between levels (where convection results in higher upstairs temperatures). It's also the case that even minor airflow helps a person feel cooler by enhancing evaporation on the skin. It's a good practice to reduce cooling costs because the ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible