Tag Info

New answers tagged


That is an Erico MP1S bracket. Used for low voltage wiring, the tabs can be bent back and 3/4 conduit attached to it.


The bracket you have is meant to hold a finish wall plate over the opening that low voltage wiring can or will pass through. You can bend back the tabs you refer to, I presume it is to hold the cabling so it makes a better turn out through the face plate.


Well, the way I'd find it would be to get a wire tracer. These consist of a transmitter that hooks to one end of the wire to use it as an antenna, and a short-range (and sometimes directional) receiver which you can then use to find the wire emitting that signal. That will let you trace a wire through the wall's surface. (There are several variants of this, ...

Top 50 recent answers are included