Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


I've seen some discussion here of fancy plumber tools (a bit too expensive for the amount of use anyone but a plumber would put them to, unless you can find them in a rental store) that apply heat and grip/pull things apart. Other than that (which I've never seen or used, only seen mentioned), I'm prone to consider PVC joints as forever, so the stock ...


Usually if the flange is not high enough, a larger wax ring is used or stack two wax rings together. Yours sounds like it is lower than any I have ever encountered. A good plumber with an internal pipe cutter could cut it with out damaging the floor, add a coupler, and with some proper material to hold the flange at the right height, reset a new flange. Seal ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible