New answers tagged


They both do the same thing except the one on the left has an integral compression ring (ferrule) and the one on the right uses a separate ferrule (which is not in your picture).


The one on the left tightens the "compression ring" around a (usually copper, but could be plastic) tube. The one on the right tightens itself onto the "coned" (sorta' phallic-shaped) end of a pipe.

Top 50 recent answers are included