Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


The correct solution for this would be to close off the external vents for this pipe. If weather conditions allow entry of the elements then trying to plug things up internally does not solve the problem. I would remove the old external vent and provide the proper covering whether that be flashing, siding or roofing material. A very good question is: How ...


Exhaust ducts can make areas dramatically colder. In a cold climate, there should be a vent flap near the fan that closes to prevent air flowing into the room - but these commonly only do a so-so job. A better fix is installing a vent cap with flappers on the exterior of the duct. Because these have much more room to work with, and endure exterior ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible