Distribution and use of electricity throughout the home. Electrical standards vary greatly worldwide, so providing your location in your question or your profile helps ensure you get answers that are relevant to you.
When to use this tag
Use this tag on any question that's related to the electrical system in your home.
If it's not clear from your question, you should provide some indication of where you are located. This is because different countries have very different codes and standards, so doing this will help the people who are answering it to give you information that is relevant to your situation.
- data-wiring for questions about the (typically low-voltage wiring) used for data, audio and video communications;
- lighting, light-fixture, recessed-lighting for lighting related questions;
- outlets for questions about installing, testing or replacing electrical outlets.
- switch for questions about installing, testing or replacing electrical switches.
- wiring planning and installing all types of electrical wiring.