Tag Info

New answers tagged


Of all the homes I help oversee the construction of, the main thing that was followed when it comes to lightning protection is no sharp bends in the cable, or uphill runs. Always going down to ground. It can be run through walls, by means of drilled holes through the plates, so a close proximity of a non conductive PVC will be no problem. If you want to be ...


I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "neutral and ground to be isolated" but it's my understanding that they should always be connected so that there is zero potential between them. My understanding is also that only connection between neutral and ground should be at the main panel. If you connect the neutral to the ground in a second location (the ...

Top 50 recent answers are included