Tag Info

New answers tagged


We won't be able to tell what it is from here. Call 811 (or your local/state one-call service if 811 isn't available to you) and see if they mark it. Better yet, see if you can meet/talk with the utility locating crew when they arrive; they may be able to provide you with more details than just a locate. If it's abandoned according to them -- you should ...


Yes you can, as long as you keep the conductors separated. However, you should likely avoid it if possible. Common practice is to keep power and communications circuits in separate stub bays. National Electrical Code allows you to put power and communication circuits in the same box, as long as all the conductors are separated by a permanent barrier or ...

Top 50 recent answers are included