Tag Info

New answers tagged


What do you do if the gap between top of tub and bottom row of tile is about 1/2". Can you caulk a gap that wide and deep? I have seen sanded caulk in colors. Has anyone tried that product?


I have galvanized in my commercial building only for feeding fixtures such as toilets and sinks. I am replacing what was installed in 1947, much of it was ready to fail but it still lasted almost 70 years and yes the fixtures and shutoff valves also needed replaced. Brass is way too expensive to justify but for a drinking fountain, use copper.


While caulk is fairly elastic, it handles better under compression than tension. By filling the tub all the way, you expand the gap quite a bit. Once the caulk is applied and the tub drained, the caulk compresses. During normal use, the caulk will likely never be in tension. As you'd have to add more weight than a tub full of water, before the caulk had to ...


Depends on the tub, to some extent, and how (or if) it was bedded when installed. Acrylic, fiberglass and thin steel tubs do noticeably deform with a load, especially if not bedded (I'm a fan of the good old plaster bed under the tub.) Most cast-iron tubs don't deform to any noticeable extent.


the water pulls the tub to the position it is in when you take a bath the sides slitly deflect and it pulls down from the surround so filling is the best practice to fill the voids and have a longer lasting seal that wont leak


With a funnel, pour hot water first and then vinegar generously into the overflow drain, wiggling the lift linkage in all directions and let it sit over night. Repeat the process as needed . Finally, I put a big flat head screw driver under the pin and put something between the screw driver and the bottom of the overflow opening. Push the screw driver ...


We had same problem... It was the water shut off leak (stems), as indicated on list above. If those terms aren't clear to you, it means your hot and cold water knobs on shower do not completely shut off water and are leaking all the time. Ours didn't leak next to the tub; the leak appeared from the wall nearby. A good amount of water, hours after shower. ...


that is the Moen 'tear drop'...I believe.


Ok Guys Realized the error of my ways I had the humidity setting on 40%, once changed to a starting point of 90% (as read on another forum) the fan switched of after a short time. Put a bit of steam in front of it and it tunred back on, which is how I wanted it, so all good now.

Top 50 recent answers are included