Hot answers tagged


Yes! the tool is called a caulk gun. Use the spout cutter for cutting off the tip of the tube; then use the seal punch tool for poking holes in the foil seal.


A knife to cut the tip at the desired spot, and a nail to puncture the seal inside. You'll use the nail later to hold the partially-used tube. I remember as a kid never having any of that built into the caulking gun. Later, when I tried one that had a handy "cigar clipper" thing on the handle, I thought it was terrible, not allowing easy selection of the ...


if its a drop in sink, you don't use silicone - you use plumbers putty. the clamp bolts hold it in place, and the putty acts as the seal. if you silicone it and ever have to replace it, you will never get it out without breaking the granite. if you are 100% dedicated to doing it wrong and insist on using silicone, use ge silicone I, but not silicone II ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible