I'd like to have an economical brazing torch for small jobs. I've been reading that propane & air is the new acetylene or mapp for brazing.
This item on Grainger mentions propane/air as the fuel, but this is a little inconsistent with other sites' listings for the same item:
Also, I feel like the image is deceiving me as to the complexity of the product. I don't understand how a few hoses and brass can amount to anything over $30. This one is listed at almost $400!
- Is this the minimum product/investment necessary for brazing?
- Besides a tank of propane, is it the ONLY product that I need?
- How is the compressed air supplied?
- Are the threaded nubs on Acetylene, MAPP, Oxygen, and Propane all the same such that the hose fittings are interchangeable? How about the regulators?
- Does the standard grill-tank propane tank threaded nubs work or are smaller canisters required?