Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here

Where can I buy the arbor for this type of holesaw. The ones I've found are hex shaped. Could you recommend a n arbour that would fix this hole saw

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

For that type of setup, you usually use this type of bit.

enter image description here

The nut on the shank side screws off, then the bit slips into the hole saw and the nut is tightened back down to hold the saw in place. I found this one at ACE Hardware. But they should be available at any hardware store.

Your best bet would be to take the hole saw with you to the store, and ask an associate to help you find what you need. I found it online using the search term Vermont American #18303 Mandrel.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.