Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a garden hose faucet on the outside of my home in the front yard that is loose in the surrounding brick. It can be wiggled freely and has a good 1/4" clearance between the pipe and the brick that it goes through into the house. What can I use to seal it? Is there a specific type of caulk? Would I need to use a small amount of concrete?

share|improve this question
up vote 6 down vote accepted

I would personally use Loctite PL Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant, which will adhere well but still provide a degree of flexibility as your pipe moves within the brick. It's grey, but you can also mix in a little concrete dust or dirt to give it that "I'm not shiny caulk, honest!" look.

The PL product should be available at your local home improvement stores. (Homer's or Lowe's or Ace or whomever.)

share|improve this answer
This did the trick, thanks! – Michael Oct 1 '11 at 22:01

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.