Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I once saw a device with full UL listing that was effectively a relay that could switch on or off a line voltage device. It looked something like a short extension cord but then had a low voltage wire coming off of it to control the setup.

Does anyone know about anything like this? I want to build a few DIY electronics projects but for insurance reasons I need the UL certification.

share|improve this question

I once saw the PowerSwitch Tail, which is functionally what you describe, but does not indicate that it is UL listed.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.