Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a dresser that is painted white with water stains on one end. I sanded and found particle board underneath. I can not get the damage to smooth out over the water stained end. What can I do to refinish it?

share|improve this question

Use wood filler to fill and smooth the damaged area. Then buy a veneer material in the finish you'd like (I think you can find it in the counter department at Lowe's or Home Depot - I saw some there the other day) and apply that to the entire dresser with the manufacturer recommended adhesive.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.