Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm sure I need a light bulb of some type, but I do not know what kind or what else I need. I just bought my first house and I am a DIY rookie.

enter image description here enter image description here

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

The holes in the white part look like they might fit a G4-base halogen bulb:

G4 halogen bulb

It also looks like there is a label that's curling away from the side of the fixture in the lower photo; if so, it should have information on the maximum wattage that you can use.

share|improve this answer
Thank you very much! – Carson Sep 2 '11 at 0:57

It's hard to tell from the picture if the lens assembly includes a reflector. If it does, Niall C's answer is probably correct. If not, an MR16 bulb includes a reflector and a similar bi-pin base. Both types of bulbs are used in low-voltage landscape lighting.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.