I noticed a filthy tree rat (squirrel) poking its head out from a hole in my gutter leaf guards today. Gotta get up on the roof to clean and repair that mess.
Since I'm two stories up already, what else should I inspect while I'm up there?
So far I can think of:
- Gutters - clean and soundly attached
- Roof openings - all vents attached properly, sealed well, etc.
- Chimney - chimney cap attached and in good repair, good seal where it meets the roof
- Trim - check for peeling paint, rot, etc.
- Pests - check for insect damage, check for varmint holes
- General survey of my yard - Might spot something from high up that I can't see from the ground
What else should I look for? Anything specific to the roof shingles I should look for?