Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

We live in a block of apartments made from bricks, and the wall outside one window is damaged. We have a clothes hanger attached to that wall, and one screw has already fallen off, and wall around the second one on that side is cracked.

Damaged Wall

Is there an easy way to fix it, considering the fact, I have no experience with such things? What materials or tools do I need for this?

share|improve this question
I can't tell from the picture -- is the building made of concrete block? That doesn't look like brick. – Karl Katzke Aug 19 '11 at 19:46
well now I'm not sure.. I was pretty sure it was bricks, but now I don't know, we live here short time and there are neighbours who say brick, and ones who say concrete. – Teo.sk Aug 25 '11 at 20:13
Looks like stucco over brick maybe. – The Evil Greebo Oct 5 '11 at 22:52

The only appropriate answer is that you need to get your landlord involved. The fix involves stucco, primer, paint, etc.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.