Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I recently snapped off the wooden panel on my fridge/freezer. It is a tall fridge freezer with a separate door for each component. The doors are wooden panels that are attached to the metal doors using plastic connectors.

Recently I snapped the connector on my fridge door, this is the bit screwed in to the metal door (as opposed to to the bit screwed on to the wooden panel) so the panel is now loose from the door.

The panel has not completely fallen off, it is connected just fine on one side with the hinge, just when I open my 'fridge' I am greeted with the metal fridge door.

I am having trouble figuring out what the name of this thing is and where to buy a replacement, it looks like this:

enter image description here

Two philips head screws connect it to the metal door and another piece of plastic on the wooden panel hooks over the two broken pieces to keep the door and panel connected.

Any ideas?

share|improve this question
I think a photo would help. – BMitch Jul 5 '11 at 13:41
what is the make and model of your fridge? – longneck Jul 5 '11 at 15:08
Can you completely remove one of the connectors (the complete assembly)? If yes, do so & take it to a specialist kitchen shop, they should either be able to sell you the replacement part(s) or point you in the right direction. – Mike Perry Jul 5 '11 at 17:10

Sounds like a bracket or a flange to me, check the parts browser here, you might get something close.

share|improve this answer

They are called Refridgerator panel clips. The design will vary widely with the make and model of the fridge, and they usually need to be purchased from the manufacturer.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.