[Please forgive bad terminology - I'm new to this]
My water tank doesn't seem to take a charge at all. I'm hoping to get some suggestions as to what is happening. I have a bladder tank. If just a single tap is open, the pump turns on after only 5-10 seconds.
My theory is that the air nozzle leading to the bladder is blocked.
I've tested this theory with the following:
- Turn off the pump, open a tap and let the pressure drop to zero
- Open up the air nozzle and try to inflate the bladder manually with a bike pump.
When I do this, it feels like no air is getting into the tank:
- When I connect the air pump, there's no hiss of air escaping
- The gauge on the air pump immediately spikes. I've had it up to 50 psi, and it does not decrease over time
- The water pressure from the tap does not increase with the air pressure.
I've even removed the schraeder valve and tried the above with the same results.
Does anyone know what might be happening? (or is anyone willing to tell me how stupid I am for missing an obvious cause :)