Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have the following valve in my shower.

enter image description here

I thought it was a Grohe, but after contacting their support - it seems it is not.

There is something wrong with the valve, not letting us decrease the temperature.

I need to disassemble the unit to find the problem. However, I can't figure out how to get the thing apart. Many units have a small allen key on the underside, this one does not. It was purchased in 2002, in Canada.

I have already tried removing the wall plate, but it was blocked by the knob for complete removal, and clearly the knob needs to come off in some way.

If someone can identify the unit, that would help me find the manual. Alternatively general advice on disassembling these types of things.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

After shutting off the water, try adjusting the knob to the open position to see if there's a hidden screw. Otherwise, there may be a cap that just pops off with the right pressure and often with the careful use of a blade (I usually try with a putty knife first before moving down to sharper tools).

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.