Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to remove a radiator from the wall.

When I set the thermostatic radiator valve to it's zero position and disconnect the outlet of the valve I get a strong flow of water.

The water is definitely coming from the supply side and not from the radiator.

How can I stop the flow / close the valve?

I thought that there was a cap which would screw onto the top of the valve once the thermostat part had been removed - but the plumbing shop told me there was no such thing... If there is, what is it called?

share|improve this question
Also it is 30 degrees Celsius at the moment, so the valve should be closed at the zero position... I think... – RobD Jul 1 '15 at 19:06

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.