Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If you watch Mythbusters, you'll notice they have a propane burner with a bunch of nozzles at different angles. What is this called? I would like to make or purchase one for melting metal (in a crucible of course), such as Aluminum.

share|improve this question
:-) I saw the title and I thought "I bet they watch Mythbusters!". I opened it up, and I was not disappointed. Glad someone was able to answer you. – Jim May 9 '11 at 22:52
up vote 2 down vote accepted

I think this is what you're looking for: http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Group-Inc-IRBR003CL-Propane/dp/B0042QJNM4/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1304967864&sr=8-29

share|improve this answer
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!! – Spechal May 9 '11 at 19:17
Just be careful around the wine bottles. :-) – BMitch May 9 '11 at 20:04
It was like a machine gun going off!!! :) – Spechal May 10 '11 at 3:06

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.