Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

could please anybody tell me how it is called ? The swim pool in one of the episode of Californication had it. People were walking on it, it looked like there were going on the water surface. Then Hank Moody broke it and fell into the water.

share|improve this question
Off topic, but I believe it's called a 'Walk on Water Pool Cover' – Doresoom Apr 19 '11 at 21:47
How is it off topic ? Improving my home with a transparent cover on a pool... Unfortunately it looks that it is done for special occasions only ... And it's half a day worth of work to put it on and off. – lisak Apr 20 '11 at 0:36
Hey, no spoilers! – Jay Bazuzi Apr 20 '11 at 4:52
@lisak: Your question is more about a TV show than home improvement. You're also asking about something that's strictly a professional service, with no practical DIY solution unless you've got an engineering degree, dive equipment, and a ton of money. – Doresoom Apr 20 '11 at 5:24
You need a trick cover to walk on water? It just comes naturally to me! – mgb Apr 20 '11 at 16:26
up vote 3 down vote accepted

You could but you need to build all sorts of hidden supports underneath.

In theory a thick polycarbonate (perspex/plexiglass/lexan) sheet could easily support the weight but you would have a job anchoring it so it couldn't tip over or tilt and flood. And there would be a big risk if somebody managed to slide under it and get trapped.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.