Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I suspect the readers here will probably know.
I have a short length of rubber coated pipe used to provide some ventilation for a small enclosure. Unfortunately, it smells of petrol or perhaps some other hydrocarbon solvent. I can't replace it, unfortunately, as it's glued in place (nor can I get the installer back). But I can and have washed it with soap and water. This hasn't done much if anything to reduce the smell. What else can I try?