Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have assembled a Table Micke for the 1st time ...

but I have some screws I want to remove. or didn't fit well (shld have tighten all screws more), 110126, 103430, 110630

the look like below

they are put in like below

enter image description here

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

Those don't actually screw in. They just press in the hole and then tighten to the connecting bolt attached to the opposing piece of wood. Just loosen the cam so you pull the connecting bolt out. Should be fairly easy.

After that, if you still need to get the cam part of the fastener out, it should just fall out. If it doesn't, I just stick a small screwdriver in the connecting bolt hole and lift it up.

share|improve this answer
hmm, I am not too familiar with the terms connecting bolt and cam. perhaps its either A or B in this image? Also as you can see in C, there doesn't appear to be a space for me to use a screwdriver to pry the screw out, I most probably be pushing it deeper? –  Jiew Meng Apr 17 '11 at 10:04
A is the cam. B is the connecting bolt. You would be using a screwdriver (or anything that fits) through the hole that B is in. This a perpendicular hole to the cam. –  Web Apr 17 '11 at 11:59
To clarify what web is saying, while it doesn't technically 'screw in' you do use a screw driver to install and remove it just as if it were a screw. –  DA01 Aug 3 '12 at 20:17

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.