I have been renting a house for a week. The light/fan woke me up beeping every 30 seconds. It continues if the light/fan is switched off. Its the middle of the night, and I am not handy. What should I do? Is it dangerous?
That beeping puts me in mind of the beeping you get from a smoke detector that has a low battery.
Are you absolutely certain it's the fixture? If so, look for some kind of battery backup - maybe there's a night-light function, or a wireless remote or something? Or a built in smoke detector I suppose is a possibility.
Anyway - find that and change the battery. And look around the fixture for smoke detectors, maybe your ears are tricking you on where it's coming from.