We have a stipple ceiling in our master bedroom, it appears to be lining paper over lathe & plaster with stipple/textured paint over that. We are concerned that it may have asbestos in it (we are getting it tested) and want to work out our options for it.
There are sections of the stipple that have been ripped off a little bit, and another section that has had some water damage from a dodgy flashing around a chimney which has been plastered over very roughly.
Should we cover this completely with plaster board, plaster it over completely to be smooth, or is there another option?
Edit: asbestos test results came back fine, no worries. Strip stipple, skim coat/plaster and paint?