Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am looking for something like chrome vinyl tape - adhesive, and with a silver, reflective surface:

Chrome vinyl tape

No matter how hard I look for this in the UK, only US suppliers are available. Could this tape be called something else in the UK? It doesn't have to be vinyl - but being adhesive and harder to tear than metal foil is required.

The plan is to make a reflector for a CFL bulb out of it.

share|improve this question
up vote 6 down vote accepted

Try Fancy Tapes. They sell a product called mirror tape.

enter image description here

share|improve this answer

I got some from B&Q, it was in the section with insulation next to the Aluminium Thermal Foil.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.