I am an absolute n00b when it comes to home electrical systems. Please do forgive me if this is a repeat question since I wouldn't know what to search for.
I am in France and I have 230V supply at 50Hz. A couple of hours ago, I had a short circuit that "tripped" the electricity.
The short circuit occurred in a wall point:
The circuit breaker (I assume that is what it is) had tripped (the switch was at '0') and I reset it by turning the switch to '1' as shown:
Now after this, I noticed that none of the plug points in the room that the short circuit had occurred are working! None of them are functional. However, the lights are working in this room.
I also have a water heater in the room that the short circuit occurred. I know that I can wait for a while to find this out but is the heating element of the water heater also non-functional now? AKA: will I not have hot water tomorrow?
I read somewhere that such a problem is caused by a GFI thingy and I was not sure if my water heater was hooked to this GFI thing.
The water heater label is as shown:
I request and appreciate some patience with your answers or comments. Since I know nothing about these matters, it would be appreciated if you could explain it to me like you would to a three year old.
I have read online that major appliances like water heaters and refrigerators need to have a dedicated circuit. I don't know if this is a US rule or a Europe rule. Nevertheless, my microwave didn't have a dedicated circuit as I plugged it into a wall. Does my water heater have a it's own dedicated circuit? Why are the lights working in my house? They count as "major appliance"?
Is it relevant that power points are not working but the lights are? Does something need to be "tested" or switched OFF and then ON again on this: