Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a cast iron Christmas tree stand and I need to replace the screws/bolts. Where can I get them and/or how can I determine the thread so that I can check at a hardware store?

share|improve this question
Your question is way to general to answer. Why not just take the stand to the hardware store and ask a clerk to help you find the right replacement? – shirlock homes May 21 '14 at 11:52

Most hardware stores have thread to test if there the right thread. So your better of taking the stand or bolts to the hardware and test it on the threads When you find the right thread the packets are marked with the size an thread of tho bolt. If you can't find the right thread ask a worker there to help you.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.