For the sake of this question, assume that:
- There is a clogged toilet that cannot be unclogged with a plunger
- A toilet auger magically appears in the bathroom
It seems that the auger could leave a bit of a mess on the toilet (at least the part where the bottom hole is) because the end of the auger is a spiral shaped metallic thingy.
How could I avoid marking up the toilet if I were in such a situation?
Let's say that all the advice is ignored and it turns out that the auger does leave marks. Can the marks be removed?
Thanks for the answers. I've up-voted everyone's responses.
Unfortunately, reality kicked in the door by:
- Leaving no marks from the auger or the metal bits
- Leaving black marks where the bend at the bottom of the toilet auger goes (often covered with some sort of black plasticy or rubbery material)
So, my new question is:
- How do I get those marks off the toilet?