Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I need to change some light bulbs and the process has become tremendous because I cannot find detailed size and type charts to compare against what I already have.

Where could I find such a chart that would give me the bulb type (i.e. R14), the base type (i.e. E26), and their dimensions (preferably in mm).


I'm interested in US type bulbs.

share|improve this question
Stating your location will help immensely in getting you the proper replies. – Speedy Petey May 12 '14 at 0:55
@SpeedyPetey in USA. Thanks for pointing that out. – slybloty May 12 '14 at 0:57
I'd just take the old bulbs with me to a store for comparison. – RedGrittyBrick May 12 '14 at 9:34
@RedGrittyBrick I'd gladly do that if the actual stores would have them. But these bulbs I only found them online. – slybloty May 12 '14 at 14:19
Try emailing a few online retailers giving the dimensions of your current bulb? If any answer - at least you know their customer service is good. – RedGrittyBrick May 12 '14 at 14:25

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.