Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In my shower there are two bumps meant to receive a square rod. I drew a picture as I don't know what they would be called. I want to put a rod in there, but I don't know if there is a special name for it and where I would get one.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Square towel bars like to get pulled of the wall. Buy one with a cylindrical rod. – Mazura Sep 9 '14 at 20:24
up vote 7 down vote accepted

It's called a towel bar. Usually they come with the "bumps" so you might have to buy both.

share|improve this answer
This is exactly what I wanted. Thanks! – tM -- Apr 10 '14 at 18:40
LOL @ "bumps" ? – amphibient Apr 10 '14 at 19:28

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.