Take the 2-minute tour ×
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I live in a Victorian house (1895) and I have noticed that the walls at knee height in the kitchen are bulging. When hit with a hammer the plaster comes off quite easily. I am considering having the fist meter of plaster removed and redone, but what is the best damp solution before I reapply? chemical injection? additives to the plaster? something else? what ratio of sand and cement should we be using?

Thanks for your help

share|improve this question
The best course is to identify and stop the source of moisture. Then you needn't do anything special with the plaster. –  bcworkz Apr 6 '14 at 14:58

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.