Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

enter image description here enter image description here

These are the tub surround and tub style that I want to install.

Also does tub need to have its own CB?

share|improve this question
up vote 0 down vote accepted

About what kind of breaker you need - read the manual for the tub. It will list how many amps the breaker should be and what wire gauge to use. You are going to be sitting in a box full of water and electricity, so ensure those instructions are followed to the letter.

You typically need a dedicated GFI circuit breaker for a tub. We have a similar tub, and that GFI has undoubtedly saved our lives when water managed to get into the air blower motor.

share|improve this answer

I wouldnt use this surround to modify. The crown up top will not look right unless maybe there is a 3" bump out from the wall. Surrounds are suppose to be quick and easy. This one is not cheap either. You should do it right and install tile it will probably be same price if not cheaper. Yes jetted tubs are suppose to have a dedicated circuit.

share|improve this answer
Thank you. I will most likely go with tile. The tub says 7 amp so do I need a special CB? – user20717 Mar 29 '14 at 14:58
When I put mine in I didnt. But direction say too. – Justin K Mar 29 '14 at 18:28

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.