Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The flexible line on my kitchen faucet seems to be leaking and plumbing is not my strong point! The faucet is an american standard (not sure the model). I'm wondering what type of hose to get for a replacement as I cant seem to find the exact one and whether the bottom part of that copper piece just unscrews?

enter image description here

share|improve this question
You might have to contact the manufacturer, and purchase replacement parts from them. – Tester101 Mar 25 '14 at 17:12
Where is it leaking from? At the flexible hose connection, copper connection, at where the hose connects to the fitting? – Edwin Mar 25 '14 at 17:24
It seems to be leaking out of the flexible hose itself. I dont see or feel any water further up. – Rob Mar 25 '14 at 18:01

Unbolt at the section you've highlighted (yes, it should just unbolt), remove the weight, and bring the whole pull-out to the hardware store to ensure your replacement matches.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.