Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Hi there I have just bought this hanging lamp whose bulb connector type I cannot identify, I got it in Italy and the only thing I am sure is that the light bulb must be some kind of tube shape for it needs to go through a decorative casing that's no longer and no thicker than an index finger. I have included photos:

what the connector looks like

the decorative casing implying the restriction on the dimensions of the bulb

share|improve this question
up vote 9 down vote accepted

It looks like a G9 base for a halogen lamp.

share|improve this answer
Nice find. That's it. – Speedy Petey Feb 18 '14 at 15:35

looks like a older style fluorescent lamp that was used originally in exit fixtures. These were in use before the CFL spiral lamps.

share|improve this answer

It looks like a Dulux type fluorescent base.

share|improve this answer
You could improve this post immensely by providing links as examples, or including photographs of the bulbs you're talking about. – Niall C. Feb 19 '14 at 16:35

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.