Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In the house I bought one of the faucets is missing a hot water indicator. I have no idea on how to go about getting a replacement indicator. Anyone know where I should start?

Here's the missing piece:

enter image description here

And here is what it looks like on another:

enter image description here

share|improve this question

My local big box store (Lowes) has a catalog of pictures in the plumbing aisle. It contains a variety of parts for the brands they carry. You don't have to know what the part is just what it looks like. You may have to bring the other cap to match it for size. If you can't find a match replacement handles will be cheaper than a new faucet.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.