We've had mice work their way into the oven insulation of our standalone range and now it stinks when we turn the oven on.
Looking around on the web suggests that replacing the oven is the most common solution, but that seems extreme! Any suggestions?
(In this case the oven is a "Viking Professional" (bottom of the line) 4 burner + oven freestanding range. I haven't yet been able to pull it out enough to check if it has removable panels or been able to find a manual online.)
I'm guessing the answer will be something like:
- locate the manual for your appliance
- remove access panels
- remove insulation while being careful about ??
- remove insulation that is "stuck" by doing ??
- replace with new insulation from ??
- put it all back together and test as follows
- in general be careful of ??
And, perhaps this is too specific to the brand of appliance? It would be useful to know which brands are more amenable to DIY repairs of this type than others.